Monday, February 15, 2010

from The Novelist

Lovelies,

It turns out February's been rough on my blog. I started a crazy challenge to write a novel -- 50,000 words -- in 30 days. My brother and two sisters are in on the madness too.  I've just passed 23,000 words: 15 days and 27,000 words to go.  I've always wanted to write a novel and even though this one is, well, craptastic, I'm thrilled to finally be getting something down.  (Plus, once it's done I plan to start referring to myself in third person as "The Novelist."  As in, "The Novelist requires breakfast in bed" and "The Novelist is too busy writing A Novel to do laundry this week.")

Although it's taken a toll on my blogging.  Sorry about that.  Words are pretty much leaking out my ears by the end of the day and they won't seem to stay on the computer screen.

I sure am thinking about books, though.

These book cover postcards are fantastic.
http://www.porhomme.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/postcards-from-penguin-100-book-jackets-in-one-box-1.jpg

I covet this anthropologie book wallpaper.  I'd love to have it line the walls and ceiling of a reading nook.  I'd love to have a reading nook.  And while we're at it, how about a pony?


Here's a lovely book box to hide treasures in.
images/W3394a-large.jpg
And, for reading, a new favorite:
 http://www.944.com/blog/images/h-happiness-project.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Take meeeee with you!! I want to go on a cruise bad!! Let's go k lala?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see you! You are sunshine! Can't wait for you and Pete to come back in April! See you soon! Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the happiness project too, but couldn't help but think I would sort of hate Gretchen Rubin in real life.

    ReplyDelete