Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a drop of golden sun

My middle name is Rae, like a drop of golden sun.  And this necklace makes the insane winter we've been having seem sunnier.



The price tag would make my house a little chillier, though.


These vintage $7 earrings make me happy too.
A Burst of Inspiration Earrings


Here's a great print: babushkas AND sunshine.  Try not to smile!
Sunny Russian Doll Babushka 7x5 Print


But my favorite all time sun painting is this one, with Akhenaten.  (Speaking of: did you see the awesome Egyptology news?)  I love the sun's hands, and how its feeding ankhs -- little vitamin D packets -- to Akhenaten and Nefertiti. 
atenmm0.jpg

Man, I need me some sunshine.  Who's up for a cruise?

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally up for a cruise. This week? Next week? SOON! I need me some of that good old sunshine! : ) I love the pictures you posted, espoecially the babushka. LOVE HER! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love that! My grandma's middle name was Rae and my future child's middle name will also be ray {whenever that will be!!!}! Love this piece too!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete